Header

 photo NewBourgieChroniclesPNG1_zps957334f5.png

Friday, July 6, 2012

Fridays Letters #2


Photobucket

Road Trip Edition. I'm finally home from a week in Virginia with my parents. What a trip! The weather was ridiculous (storms and heatwave) but I got some great shopping in, delicious home cooking and quality time with the folks for Independence Day!

Dear Construction....why do you have to be on the major highways only i take? I get aggravated because it makes people rubberneck the construction!! Do you really have to drive 2 miles an hour?

Dear Dunkin Donuts....I love you. You prevent me from getting sleepy looking at the same road for 6 hours. Thank you.

Dear Cops....stop hiding behind shrubbery and causing my stomach to be in knots every time I drive past one. Clearly I am not going the speed limit and you are causing everyone to suddenly slow down which may or may not cause an accident if they see you in time. Just a heads up.

Dear Air Conditioner...our relationship is wonderful right now. Let it never change. I promise to get my car serviced and change your filter if you keep preventing me from sweating my life away on long trips.

Dear Ipod...please do better playing the songs that I like to sing along to to keep me awake. Listening to neo soul is NOT what I need to here to get through the last 2 hours of NC.

Hope everyone had a good week!


5 comments:

kaylee said...

I have no dunkin donuts in my area and I always hear about how good they are! I call music my coffee, even though I love coffee, sometimes the right music wakes me up even better! I enjoyed reading this post, glad you had a good trip x

Niesha said...

hi dear..
found you through blog hop..

following you.. hope you follow back..

Indianbeautyforever.com

Kat said...

Hi there! Following you from the Aloha Friday blog hop! Look forward to reading more! Come on by and check out my blog! I would appreciate the follow back! Have an awesome weekend!
-Kat

http://mom-uncensored.blogspot.com

Annmarie Pipa said...

sounds like the hassesls were worth the trip!! there is heat and traffic everywhere!!
I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.
have a great weekend.

Nicole Buckingham said...

I'm with ya on Dunkin Donuts (although we don't actually have one on this island-- can you imagine), and ac and well, pretty much all of it. =)

Aloha,
Stopping by to say "HI" and to follow ya from The ALOHA Friday HOP!!! Thanks so much for sharing your aloha with us, it is so sweet to have you in the mix.

We're peeking in a New Zealand Mama's beach bag and giving away over $100 in Beach Beauty Awesomeness today-- come join us for the ride... you know, if you're feeling lucky. =)

Happy Weekend,
Nicole
localsugarhawaii.com