For the last couple of weeks I have been reading about ways to improve your blog. I know that I am new to the blog community and all it has to offer, but I am very eager to learn.
I started this blog to document my life with the possibility of others enjoying my life stories and the events that happen in it. So far its been pretty good, but there are definitely some things that I have realized over the last couple months.
* The number of page views does not determine if my blog is interesting or not...it could just be how I am "marketing" my blog. I've only been on here actively for about 3 months so I'm not going to instantly have 300 followers! It takes work and patience. And since I currently don't have a full time job (yes I keep saying that) I should be able to be consistent on here!
*Blogging should be fun and as soon as I find it work and a pain I should take a step back and come back to it. I should blog about my life, not my life be all about the blog.
* I think I am looking most forward to getting the to know more bloggers. I love reading about such fascinating people even if they don't think they are. I don't just follow anyone for numbers. If you are interesting I want to read you every week so I follow. I just hope to get to that point with some fellow bloggers one day.
* These meet-ups and exchanges are such awesome ideas and I am hoping to get the chance to participate soon! Growing up in a military family I moved around a lot and got the opportunity to meet different people. Now that I'm older and not traveling with my family as much its nice to have a chance to do the same thing in a new way. Everyone has their best friends, their acquaintances; but not everyone has blog friends!
So some things that I plan on improving on my blog...
1. Replying to comments: I love that some people take the time to comment on my blog. I see them I promise! I want to respond and possibly continue contact!
2. I eventually will make a button. In order to dive head first into this swapping thing I first need to create something to swap!
3. Add more tabs. I noticed that it would be nice to have an "About Me" section!
Is there any advice you have for me or any tips that have worked for you?