Header

 photo NewBourgieChroniclesPNG1_zps957334f5.png

Monday, January 14, 2013

Awesome Weekend

Happy Monday!

I just returned from work and I wanted to write a quick post about my weekend. It was actually really awesome and busy from start to finish. Greg and I had a really busy work week so we didn't get to see each other that much. He made a point to surprise me with a date night Friday night and then see where the rest of the weekend goes. After work, movies, Football, and dinner I have to say it was a very successful weekend!


1. It was a rainy Friday so my outfit had to work with covering my hair (no frizz here). I simplified by wearing a sweater with a coral sheer top, jeans and some heeled boots to dress it up!
2. Greg always tries to out dress me when he takes me out on dates but I absolutely love when he dresses up! A tie is usually a must for him!
3. Greg surprised me by taking me to a small local theater that serves dinner while you watch the movie. These places are starting to become popular all over but I loved that this one had only 3 theaters that sat up to 40 people. It was nice and intimate. We watched This is 40 and it was hilarious!
4. Our evening was capped off spending some time with out friends Sabrina and her husband Wille. There was a surprise visit from one of my sorority sisters Nicole as well! Sabrina finally got a lesson on how to use her Espresso machine from Nicole so Caramel Cappuccinos and delicious Chocolate Chip Walnut cookies ended the night!
5. Battle of the Sexes is actually a pretty hard game. The women won of course but not without a good fight. I swear the questions were harder for us than the men. Even with my knowledge of sports and movies, it was still pretty tough.
6. Saturday night was date night at my favorite place called dish (I'm planning on doing a whole post on this place because I love it so much!) Great southern home cooking was exactly what we needed after both working a long day! I tried the meatloaf for the first time and it was tasty while Greg decided to stay healthy and get the blackened chicken.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!


Covered in Grace

6 comments:

Rekita Nicole said...

That cappuccino and cookie had my moth watering over here, shame on you! lol

-Rekita
LovelyArmyWife.com

Carla said...

You guys look so cute together and I love how coral looks on you.

Aren't game nights the best?!

Jillian said...

Sounds like a pretty fun weekend! I haven't been in one of those new theaters that you spoke of, but my friend has and claims that she can't go back to just regular movie-watching anymore, haha.

Michael Z said...

Sounds like a good time! I like that you mentioned how he tries to outdated you! We have a fork & screen theatre here too and I LOVE it. Those recliners are too comfortable!

Thanks for stopping by the other day!

Evani Gatsby said...

Omg I love the movie theaters that serve dinner! What a fun date night.

Kimberlee said...

Aw that's nice that you go on date night :) Love a man in a tie!