Header

 photo NewBourgieChroniclesPNG1_zps957334f5.png

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I am Thankful for...

Today has been really crazy and chaotic so because of that I thought I would write a quick post to really focus on what I'm thankful for these days. I thought this link by Felicity was really cute so I'm doing it today!!

Thankful Tuesdays

I am thankful for...

1. My family: They have really helped me out and supported me during this "summer of change" as I like to call it. My cousin took me in to live with her (rent free) to find myself back in Charlotte and to really get my groove back down here. Not that groove lol but more about starting a new chapter in my life. My parents have also been really supportive and even though they thought I was nuts for leaving a job and life in Orlando they can actually see the happiness that has come back since I moved. 

In more somber news I am truly thankful that my grandparents are still with me. My grandfather had serious heart surgery last month and has been recovering and battling complications since June. I have tried not to write about it but it has really put me in a mindset to really appreciate my family and get closer to them and do better. I am visiting him in a couple weeks and I have heard over the last few days that he is starting to get back to his old talkative self so I hope this keeps up. The idea of losing him really hit me hard and I'm not ready to let go yet. I think i will have to do a post about my awesome Caribbean family soon :)

(just a small portion of my awesome family on my college graduation day!)

2. My friends: Moving back up to NC has let me be around my best friends from college again. We are all in very different places in our lives but when we are together it is just pure fun and enjoyment. I missed these ladies so much when I was away but it nice to know that coming back into town has not stopped our love of each others company. The only thing that has stopped is our ridiculous night events and hangovers and dance parties. They have calmed down quite a bit but since my birthday is coming up in October I think that may be the time to relive the good ol' days ;)



3. Having a part time job: Point blank. I was lucky to be able to find a job when I first got to NC but now it has really picked up so I'm getting decent hours and can still pay the bills that I still have. Gas in my tank is always a plus! Its still difficult because with a shopping habit as bad as mine I am quick to spend all my money on some shoes and eat Ramen for 2 weeks until the next paycheck. But the shoes I buy are always awesome and I look good on that couch rocking them! lol But yes I do hope that a full-time presents itself and gives me a chance to truly save money. 2013 I WILL be in my own place. I have to speak it into existence!!

4. Chicken Marsala. I have realized that this is my new favorite dish. My cousin cooked it last night and I have literally had 3 helpings!!! I am determined to make it in my own place and I will even spruce it up and make it my own but for now my cousin's cooking is the bomb.com. I didn't get a pic for obvious reasons!!


Have a great Tuesday!


8 comments:

THE mom said...

mmmm chicken marsala! YUM! I always order it from Italian restaurants.
I LOVE your blog title! LOL So glad I found you through the blog hop :-)
Rocking a GREAT pair of shoes while sitting on your couch is totally worth eating ramen for a bit ;-) but hey...thats me

itsmekt said...

Love this post!
good luck with your grandfather, hopefully all works out, seems like your really surround yourself with positive people, and thats key!

Cait said...

great post girl- good luck with everything! just stoppin by from the GFC hop! can't wait to read more! your blog is super cute :)

Shar Martinez said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower from the blog hop! Come over a visit me sometime today and check out the available ad space, PERFECT for GROWING and advertising your blog in September! :) I'm from NC! :) Best wishes for your grandfather!

xoxo ♥ Shar
http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

Nicholl Vincent said...

that chicken looks delicious!

Hope you’re having a great Wednesday! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

simplyevani.com said...

Hi Nikki! My grandpa has had a really complicated heart surgery too and I'm so glad you shared so I could make sure to tell you I'll be keeping him and your family in my thoughts! Sending you all my prayers and love. Have a great hump day!

Evani
simplyevani@gmail.com

Monica said...

Beautiful photos and that chicken looks yum! Now following you via the blog hop..and am thinking of your grandfather. All the best,
Monica

Emily Meyers said...

Hey lady!! I just found your cute blog via the hop, and I'm your newest follower! I'd also love to invite you to check out a fabulous Triple Giveaway I'm having right now!!

Hope to see you there! And thanks so much!
xo

http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/08/triple-winner-giveaway.html