Header

 photo NewBourgieChroniclesPNG1_zps957334f5.png

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

So its been about 10 days since I have last written but I wanted to make sure I at least was able to do a Mothers Day post.

Happy Mothers Day to all the great women out there who have dedicated their lives to taking care of their children and giving them the world. To those who aren't with us, may they Rest In Peace and know that we are still thinking about them. ♥♥♥

When I think about how many women in my life are mothers or have a "mother like" role in my life I realize that I am truly blessed. I will always remember something from each and every one of them. My own mother, my god mother, my aunts, my cousins, my line sisters, and my Nana who is no longer with us. Each of them has impacted my life in some way and has helped me figure out what kind of mother I want to be when I'm ready.

I'm starting to get better at gift giving on special days like birthdays, mothers days, anniversaries, etc. Usually I forget or I send something late. But this is 2 years in a row that I have been able to send my mother flowers and I love how excited she gets because I always send them the day before so she doesn't expect them.



 My dad had flowers sent to my mothers office on Friday so she got double to flowers this year! I was not happy because my dad is actually there so he can get her OTHER stuff besides flowers lol Its my thing. But she was happy non the less and that's all that matters.

I also realized that I have not been able to spend a Mothers Day with my mom in 8 years. This has been due to me having to work in college during the summer and my parents living overseas in Japan for 6 years. But now that they are in VA I'm going to try and make more of an effort to find my way to them on special days.

These next 3 months are pretty killer on celebrations. This month was Mothers Day and Memorial Day, next month is my Dad's birthday and Fathers Day, and July is my Mom's birthday and 4th of July. Whew! Hopefully I will get to see my parents for most of them.

I hope everyone is able to enjoy time with their mothers today and let them know how much you appreciate them. I leave you with one of my favorite pics of my mother and me.



Me and mom Summer 2007 in Okinawa, Japan :)

1 comment:

Minna said...

Cute flowers! ^^

------------------

Address in USA? Don't miss your chance - enter this amazing Ahoy! dress giveaway from Shabby Apple!

May Giveaway with Shabby Apple (US residents only)