Header

 photo NewBourgieChroniclesPNG1_zps957334f5.png

Friday, January 31, 2014

Gotta get down on Friday...

Its Friday!!! Work week over!!! Due to a half day dismissal from school on Tuesday and 2 days off from school due to snow, my week was pretty short. But it was nice to have a moment to relax and be trapped in my house for a couple of days.

I've been meaning to do a post reintroducing myself since I have gotten some new followers over the last month or two, so when I saw that Leslie from A Blonde Ambition was having a "Getting to Know You" link up I though that this would be the perfect chance, plus maybe get to know some more awesome bloggers!

But before I tell you some things about me, myself, and I, a shameless plug has to happen. I still have my GIVEAWAY on Frikken Duckie. Check it out! You have a really great chance to get a fab Beyonce' shirt. I am currently obsessed with her and the album has become my "getting ready" music. Love her!




So I'm Nikki and I live in the beautiful city of Charlotte, NC!!! I work as a teacher assistant at an elementary school and I am in preparation to start my Masters so I can become a fully certified teacher! I graduated from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte with a degree in Communications and wanted to be an event planner. I never thought my life would head in the direction of becoming a 4th grade teacher.



I'm an only child so I am very close with my parents. My father is in the military so I spent my entire life moving all across the country. I've lived in California, Hawaii, and even Japan for a little while. This definitely has had a huge impact on my love for travel and my desire to explore new places. Guess that'w why as soon as I graduated college I headed down to Orlando for an adventure.


I love selfies...

I have had my blog since April 2012. 2 years is coming up fast! I started this blog originally out of shear boredom. I was living in Orlando, bored with my job, and wanted a place to vent. Once I saw that there was a whole blog community out there I was hooked. I immediately started reading other blogs from women from all walks of life and different backgrounds and even better, women who were like me. In my 20s trying to figure out my life!


I currently write about food, fashion,and the fun I'm having back in the QC. Check out my Instagram for my real time shenanigans!

Random Tidbits

  • Coffee makes my world go round!
  • My hair changes all the time. My blog shows the evolution of all my styles.
  • I'm Terrified of Frogs! 
  • Cooking is relaxing for me. Apparently I'm weird because I think that way.
  • I’m Guyanese-American. My dad is Guyanese and my mom is African-American
  • Love watching Sports. NY Giants! Miami Heat! Duke!
  • I'm a shoe junkie. Heels, converse, I love it all.
Well that's all for now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

XOXO


 photo signature2014_zps775e1636.png

3 comments:

Victoria Talia said...

You have accomplished so much so far! I wish you the best on achieving all your goals :) It's so cool to learn more about you. I, too, am an only child!! Woo! I am super super close with my parents as well. :)

P.S. Love the title of this post! haha

Nina @ Flowers in my Hair said...

I am also in my twenties...trying to figure it out. And btw, your hair looks amazing in that first picture.
www.wearflowersinyourhair.com

Whitney Alison said...

It's been ages since I've been at your bloggy space. Its looks gorgeous!!!