Header

 photo NewBourgieChroniclesPNG1_zps957334f5.png

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Things that I have realized at 27

My birthday is 2 months away so I got to thinking about all the things that have changed. I thought that by this time I would be married or at least planning on it, and more permanent in a career. Currently none of those things are happening. Now as I get closer to 30 I am not as scared as I once was and I have decided to embrace my life as is. I've been telling all my friends that 30 is the new 20. Any else believe that? I have learned quite a bit over the last couple years and I have written down a few that I am willing to confess about.


1. Hangovers. They are the absolute worst. But they are more deadly now that I'm not heading to college night every Thursday. Senior year of college I was an absolute champ. Partying 3 days a week and going to class the next day no problem. I can still party into the night, but the recovery time is longer painless and fixed with a glass of water and some Advil. I need time to re-evaluate my life, roll out of bed, and eat something immediately. And now that could take hours! That means if there is any weekday shenanigans, I have to think very carefully how to approach my next day. I do work in the classroom after all.





2. The junior section of stores is 90% of the time not suitable for me. It makes me sad seeing women forcing themselves into clothes they have no business wearing. Partially in my defense the store is called Forever 21, and I am 27; but if they make my size and I wear it appropriate whats the harm? Buuuuuut not everyone can wear anything just because it comes in your size FYI.

3. Living paycheck to paycheck has become an art form. I have a full time job yes, but that does not mean I always have money. That just is not realistic. Bills Bills Bills rule my world. I certainly know how to make 20 dollars stretch for a whole week.

4. Metabolism. Oh I miss the days of devouring empty calories and staying the same size. Now to counter balance I focus more on the empty calories of alcohol mixed in with eating healthier. Yes that sounds  like a good plan. I also got myself a personal trainer and he makes all the difference. No binge eating for me.





5. Keeping up with friends in high school gets tougher every year unless you live in a small town. It's to the point where I only speak if it's their birthday, or a new baby, or a wedding. Which by the way sucks because 9 times out of 10 I'm too far away to be invited to the wedding, baby shower, or birthday party. Womp womp.

6. My love for fashion has increased ten fold. My desire to be more daring and dress for appropriate occasions have gotten better. Or maybe its my love for shoes. Yes. I just love shoes. Outfits are only necessary in order to wear certain shoes. If I could, I'd go naked and have some hot shoes on. Guess I need to move to a nudist colony.

7. I am no longer dating for fun. Lol I mean it still needs to be fun, but I'm starting to get the itch for settling down...maybe it's because of all the damn weddings and baby showers I've been seeing. I think I'm ready for someone to make an honest woman out of me.





8. My increase in jealousy has come to the forefront. This might be due to social media and the parade of "new job" and "I'm engaged" and "bought a new house". Facebook/Instagram/Twitter breeds the jealousy but I can't look away. I know it's not my time and it's okay for me to feel this way. This just means that when it happens for me I'm going to have a freakin parade. Okay maybe not that much pomp and circumstance. But there will be a party.

XOXO


Confessions of a Blogaholic Link Up

 photo signature2014_zps775e1636.png

6 comments:

Victoria Talia said...

Oh wow, I'm the same age and definitely related to this post. I agree that 30 seems like it's gonna be the new 20. I don't really feel any different to how I felt 10 years ago. I have pretty much lost touch with all of my high school friends (though I still "stalk" them on facebook haha) and I only shop in the juniors section if I see a nice top I like (junior pants are a definite no no for me). I still kind of feel like I can eat what I want but am very conscious now of how much I eat or exactly what ingredients I eat. I am a little scared about the future but since I never imagined being married with kids at this age (or ever, really), I feel pretty relaxed and ready to embrace whatever comes my way. :)

Anonymous said...

Preach!!! Girl, I'm going to be 30 in November and still agree with all of these! I definitely had other plans for myself at this age. Although, when I was 17, 30 seemed so far away and do much older. 30 is NOT old.

Frikken Duckie said...

Amen! I can definitely not hang as well as I used to. Since summer started and the kids have been spending time at my in-laws', Joey and I have been falling asleep before 10pm. A few times even before 8pm.

Ahhh to be young again.

Bella said...

I'll come to your party! I can agree with everything you confessed. The hangovers are a real struggle, the paycheck to paycheck is an art form (try stretching $20 for 2 weeks LOL), I love shoes too! Love the nudist colony comment, and no longer dating for fun is right! I wanna settle down haha.

Thanks for linkin' up :)

Kari @ Oh, For The Love Of Stories said...

Um, I'm afraid of 30. No joke. I'm still tryna figure out how I aged past 22.
I'm lucky enough that hangovers don't really effect me these days, and in college I basically never had one no matter how much I drank the night before. Lucky me!
I soo agree on the fashion front. I pulled my Juicy velour tracksuit out of my closet the other day (yes I have one!) and realized I probably shouldn't put it on unless I wanna look like a wannabe 18 yr old, JLo circa 2005. It made me sad. But I'm also so obsessed with having that "perfect, ready to go" wardrobe now that I'm older.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I am SO with you lol! I just realized how old I am this weekend and seeing that it's a trend again to wear homemade fringe shirts with beads on them, like when I was about 8.